Matamanoa boasts a volcanic cone jutting out of the turquoise waters, clad with dense bush and palm trees. The coral reefs surrounding the island are a marine sanctuary. The Matamanoa Island Resort is a small, intimate place located on a private island around 30 kilometres west of Nadi International Airport. It is accessible by a 10-minute helicopter flight. This very charming accommodation overlooks a spectacular golden beach and tropical vegetation like coconut palms. It features 20 spacious, traditional Fijian thatched roof bures as well as 13 hotel rooms. There are complimentary tennis, sailing, kayaking, hand-line fishing, rowing, and windsurfing opportunities plus a snorkelling safari on the resort’s glass bottom boat. Guests have an exclusive snorkelling right from the beach. With its upmarket spa area, it is suitable for self-indulgent couples and honeymooners. In order to achieve this tranquility and sophisticated atmosphere, Matamanoa Island Resort adopted a year-round policy of not accepting children under the age of 16 years.
- 20 BeachFront Bures
- 13 Garden View Hotel Rooms
Bures are air-conditioned, overlooking the beach and equipped with King size bed, sofa, hammock on the patio.
Hotel rooms are facing tropical gardens and equipped with Queen size beds, outdoor tables and chairs on the patio.
- Refrigerator, tea/coffee making facilities
- Private spacious bathrooms
- Fresh water pool
- Restaurant, bar
- Bonus for honeymooners and wedding anniversaries: 1 bottle of sparkling wine, tropical fruit platter, hand carved plaque with Christian names etched
- Special dive and Spa rates available
- Toddlers and children under 16 years not permitted