Self-Drive Tours of New Zealand
Self-drive tours are great for travellers who want to discover New Zealand at their own pace. Using the itinerary, accommodation, and rental car or campervan we arrange for you, there is nothing left for you to organise. All you need to do is enjoy the stunning New Zealand scenery!
How a Self-Drive Tour Works
Self-drive tours in New Zealand have become very popular. Both first-time and regular visitors are eager to travel the country independently. Driving conditions are ideal, and outside of the bigger cities you are likely to have the road to yourself. Rental cars offer the ultimate convenience for self-drive tours in NZ.
When travelling you can choose from different types of New Zealand accommodation. Do you prefer to stay in a remote place close to nature, or in a stylish city hotel packed with modern amenities?
Our New Zealand sample tours feature the best hotels, selected Bed & Breakfasts (B&Bs), and other top-quality accommodation. Enquire today!
More About Our Self-Drive Tours
- Each self-drive booking will receive a free travel kit including atlas, maps, directions and more!
- Hirers must be 21+ years old.
- Hirer must provide a full, valid driving licence
- Hirer must provide a credit card for the insurance bond
- An international driving licence is accepted but not required
- Overseas drivers will have to present their passport and overseas licence when applying for a New Zealand one
- Most of the major car hire companies have desks at airports, ferry terminals and cities throughout the North and South Islands